On Wednesday, March 14th, it’s Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day!!
To celebrate this day, I have updated my top 10 reasons why I love what I do, especially when it comes to working with clients. Nutrition counseling is the heart and soul of my business!
Here are my top 10 reasons why I love being a dietitian for RDN Day:
- I get to help people change their relationship with food into a positive relationship rather than a negative relationship. That is priceless to me!
- I get to see people get excited about food, rather than fearful and scared.
- I help people overcome eating disorders and change the way they feel about eating and their body.
- I see the difference that nutrition makes in your mood and attitude about yourself.
- I witness the the power of hunger and satiety signals in a recovered body- I have seen signals come back in people that lost them for years.
- I work with people to get to the root of the problem of emotional eating, rather than “covering it up”.
- I help clients fuel their bodies the right way for physical activity.
- Nutrition science is always changing and I love how there are no “right” answers some of the time. What we’re discovering now about nutrition is cutting edge information and that’s exciting!
- I love having an amazing network of dietitians to work with. If I’m not the best fit you, I can almost guarantee that I know someone who is!! My network of dietitians expands across the world!! (but especially here in the US).
- I love being a part of so many organizations for dietitians. The International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitiansis always my go-to (!!), but I also love the Nutrition Entrepreneursdietetic practice group, the Behavioral Health Nutritiondietetic practice group, The Academy for Nutrition and Dietetics, iaedp NY, the Association for Size Diversity and Health, plus my local peer supervision group and my amazing communities on facebook: EDRDPro, HAES dietitians and therapists, #inspirdtoseek, Food and Body Image Healers, Weight Neutral for Diabetes, and RD Entrepreneurs! (*note some of these are free, some are not) All of my dietitian friends inspire me and energize me every single day.
Happy Dietitian’s Day!!!
Join the Eat With Knowledge E-mail Community!
You'll receive tips on nutrition, intuitive eating, and body image. Learn how to thrive again when it comes to food choices and living your best life.
Jennifer is a Registered Dietitian and the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY. She is on a mission to help people heal from diets, and find peace and balance with their food choices. She leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel Fabulous about Food!”
Start your own healing by downloading her Free Stop the Cycle of Binge Eating guide or her Free Hunger – Fullness Scale.