On Wednesday, March 11th, it’s Registered Dietitian Day!!
Thank YOU for supporting dietitians on our special day.
I truly appreciate the support from my entire community: clients, referral sources, other dietitians and various healthcare professionals. Every one of you help to lift up dietitians and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting the work I do here at Eat With Knowledge and Pursuing Private Practice (my business to support other dietitians in private practice).
In honor of the day, I have 10 reasons why I love being a dietitian for the past, present, and future clients at Eat With Knowledge and all of the clients out there working with other dietitians. I know Laura Rolfe and Elyssa Toomey, my associate dietitians at Eat With Knowledge, also agree with all of these statements!
Here are my top 10 reasons why I love being a dietitian for RDN Day:
- I get to help people change their relationship with food into a positive relationship rather than a negative relationship. It is life changing to finally have peace with food.
- I get to see people get excited about food, rather than fearful and scared.
- I help people overcome eating disorders and find lasting recovery.
- I support body image healing and help clients end the war with their body.
- I see the difference that nutrition makes in a client’s concentration, mood, attitude. It’s amazing how a “well-fed” brain is so different than a starved brain.
- I witness the the power of hunger and satiety signals in a client working on recovery- I have seen hunger and fullness cues come back after years of no connection.
- I work with people to get to the root of the problem of eating disorders, allowing clients space to heal.
- I help clients fuel their bodies for joyful movement.
- Nutrition science is always changing and I love how there are no “right” answers some of the time. What we’re discovering now about nutrition is cutting edge information and that’s exciting for the dietetics profession.
- I love having an amazing network of dietitians to work with. If I’m not the best fit you, I can almost guarantee that I know someone who is!! My network of dietitians expands across the world!! (but especially here in the US).
If you would love to work with an Eat With Knowledge dietitian for nutrition counseling, or if you are not local or would like a referral to a dietitian, contact us. I would love to connect you to a dietitian who can help support you feel fabulous about food (and trust me, I know a lot of dietitians who are amazing!)
It’s an amazing time in our career to be a Registered Dietitian and I know I speak for many dietitians when I say it’s an honor to do work that doesn’t even feel like “work”.
Happy Registered Dietitian Day to all dietitians!
Jennifer is a Registered Dietitian and the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY. She is on a mission to help people heal from diets, and find peace and balance with their food choices. She leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel Fabulous about Food!”
If you are looking for support to heal your relationship with food, check out our Nutrition Counseling page here. If you are unable to become a client but would still like to learn from us, you can purchase our Eat With Knowledge Roadmap here!