Happy Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day! I am so grateful that I choose this career path all the way back when I was 18 years old enrolled in Nutritional Sciences at Penn State University. I really had no idea what a career in dietetics “meant”, but I loved food and nutrition and especially the mental/behavior change part of the puzzle in overall health. Fast forward 12 years, after 4 years in school, 1 year at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center for my dietetic internship, and many jobs later, I now own my own business and keep evolving as a dietitian. My interests have changed over the course of 7 (!!) years working in the field, but I am still so passionate about the role of a dietitian in health, especially eating disorders. Happy Registered Dietitian Day to all my colleagues and clients. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life and help guide you to health and happiness with food 🙂 Here are my top 10 reasons why I love being a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist:
1. I get to help people change their relationship with food into a positive relationship rather than a negative relationship
2. I get to see people get excited about food, rather than fearful and scared
3. I help people overcome eating disorders and change the way they feel about eating
4. I see the difference that nutrition makes in your mood and attitude about yourself
5. I see hunger and satiety signals come back in people that lost them for years
6. I work with people to get to the root of the problem of emotional eating, rather than “covering it up”
7. I help clients fuel their bodies the right way for physical activity
8. If you have any other medical conditions like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure we work on that too!!
9. Nutrition science is always changing and I love how there are no “right” answers some of the time. What we’re discovering now about nutrition is cutting edge information and that’s exciting!
10. I love having an amazing network of dietitians to work with. If I’m not the best fit you, I can almost guarantee that I know someone who is!! My network of dietitians expands across the county!!
Join the Eat With Knowledge E-mail Community!
You'll receive tips on nutrition, intuitive eating, and body image. Learn how to thrive again when it comes to food choices and living your best life.
Jennifer is a Registered Dietitian and the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY. She is on a mission to help people heal from diets, and find peace and balance with their food choices. She leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel Fabulous about Food!”
Start your own healing by downloading her Free Stop the Cycle of Binge Eating guide or her Free Hunger – Fullness Scale.