The Eat With Knowledge Holiday Gift Guide continues and I’m so excited to move on to one of my favorite categories of gifts… Anti-Diet Books!
Just a reminder that if you missed the last holiday gift guide about anti-diet merchandise, you can check out my recommendations here.
Books that will inspire you on your journey to a healthy relationship with food.
- Pre-order Christy Harrison’s ANTI-DIET book. I am sooo excited to read this book when it comes out December 24th. Many people that have read an advanced copy are saying it is THE BOOK to read this year.
- Pre-order Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch’s Intuitive Eating, 4th edition! I can’t wait to see the updates in the 4th edition and recently interviewed Elyse Resch on my podcast Pursuing Private
- Practice, episode 15. It was an extremely popular episode all about the evolution of Intuitive Eating.
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food: While you are waiting for Intuitive Eating, 4th edition, pick up this workbook! Dive more into intuitive eating with specific assignments from the authors who created the 10 principles. This workbook is an amazing tool to use on your own or in conjunction with your dietitian from Eat With Knowledge 🙂
- Body Kindness: One of my favorite books on compassion and kindness. Rebecca Scritchfield famously says “You can’t hate yourself healthy” and I couldn’t agree more.
- 8 Keys to Recovery from an Eating Disorder: The authors Carolyn Costin and Gwen Grabb are recovered from eating disorders and are also therapists. They bring insight as both clients and professionals to this book. It’s an incredible take take on ED recovery and I always recommend it to clients.
- Eat To Love: Jenna Hollenstein is an expert in mindfulness and writes about her experience bringing together mindfulness and meditation with Intuitive Eating.
- The Body Image Workbook for Teens: I love this book for girls! It has many helpful exercises and gives insight into today’s “beauty standards” which are not normal at all.
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook for Teens: Elyse Resch writes about Intuitive Eating in a way that is perfect for teenagers!! There are many different exercises specific to teenagers and I love using this resource in my work with clients.
- Body Respect: If you’re looking for the science behind weight stigma and more about Health at Every Size(R), this book is perfect for you.
- The Body is Not an Apology: LOVE This book on radical self-love!!
- Healthy Eating for Life: Another great workbook on Intuitive Eating!
- Healthy for Your Life: This book is a great recommendation for anyone wanting to learn about health from a weight-inclusive approach! Carrie Dennett is a fabulous author and writes for various publications.
- Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls: I just recently read this one and YESSS to all that is in this book.
There are so many great books out there on important areas of health and wellbeing. A book is a wonderful holiday gift!
Jennifer is a Registered Dietitian and the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY. She is on a mission to help people heal from diets, and find peace and balance with their food choices. She leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel Fabulous about Food!”
Start your own healing by downloading her Free Stop the Cycle of Binge Eating guide or her Free Hunger – Fullness Scale.