Eat With Knowledge is hiring!
Eat With Knowledge is looking for a part-time Registered Dietitian to join the team. This is mid-level position in the company with pay ranging from $35-$45/hour (depending on experience). We are looking for someone who resides in NY or NJ, as we are only able to offer employment in these states.
You will be joining Jennifer McGurk and Laura Rolfe, 2 Registered Dietitians who are passionate about helping clients feel fabulous about food. You will also be working with Danielle Young, our fabulous Executive Assistant!
We are a group private practice committed to the philosophy of Intuitive Eating. We believe in the principles of Health at Every Size and are passionate about supporting our clients in all aspects of health and wellbeing. Our practice is committed to constant improvement in our skills, self-care for ourselves as clinicians, effective communication, and working as a team. We value diversity and strive to be inclusive.
We strive to honor all dietitians of different backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, gender, size, sexual orientation, ethnicity, culture, and ability. We value lived experience as much as traditional education. These values are also found in our hiring process. We value a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, ethnicity, or culture.
We are an awesome company to work for! As a fast-growing company, there are plenty of opportunities for growth and shifting work depending on your interests and passion. We are a highly supportive team, cheering for one another all the time. We value hard work AND self-care so we support a flexible work-from-anywhere role with flexible scheduling.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Medical nutrition therapy for clients with eating disorders (children, adolescents, and adults). Candidate must be willing to collaborate with client’s care team including MDs, therapists, psychiatrists, and parents.
- All aspects of case management: charting, collecting payment, scheduling follow-up appointments, referrals as need.
- Consulting projects as needed.
- Applicants must be experienced in nutrition counseling and knowledgeable about eating disorders. Supervision and training will be given to the dietitian.
- We value entrepreneurship and support dietitians in starting their own private practices. In fact, Jennifer leads an entire other company dedicated to this! However, this position is not for an entrepreneur. This position is perfect for a dietitian that wants to step into a group practice with a steady source of referrals and a strong team atmosphere. You will not be responsible for any of the business-related tasks of running a private practice. We would require a non-compete contract as an employee of the practice.
The position will start at 1 day/week (minimum 5 hours) and grow into 2-3 days/week (desired range of 16-20 hours/week within 6 months). The ideal candidate should know that the amount of hours given in private practice depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the market, networking with referral sources, and client retention rates. We typically give projects (such as writing articles, updating handouts, creating client education materials, etc) to supplement any additional requested work hours.
The position is currently virtual, but we do require an in-person team meeting in Nyack, NY every 3 months.
- Registered Dietitian, credentialed with CDR
- Must have professional liability insurance
- Certified Dietitian Nutritionist in the state of NY, preferred but not required
- Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian, preferred but not required
- Must reside in New York or New Jersey (as a virtual company we are only able to offer employment in certain states)
- Come join an amazing team who have similar values as you
- Exciting opportunity to work in the field of eating disorders and intuitive eating
- Competitive pay, depending on experience
- Flexible schedule and work-from-home benefit
- Continuing education benefits offered
- Weekly supervision required. This may also count toward iaedp certification if desired.