Build your confidence as a dietitian.
THIS course is right for you IF YOU’VE ever WONDERED…
- How to use the philosophies of Intuitive Eating, Health at Every Size®, eating disorder recovery, and body positivity in your work as a dietitian.
- How to use your nutrition knowledge and actually apply it to client sessions.
- How to teach clients about health and wellness as a non-diet dietitian.
- What to say in difficult situations, because you WILL face challenging cases (and you can do hard things!)
But this course won't just change your professional life. It will also change YOUR LIFE as a dietitian who gets to create the impact you’ve always wanted in your career.
You CAN... Help Your Clients Feel Fabulous About Food
(which is probably the reason why you
wanted to become a dietitian in the first place!)
Imagine how it would feel to...
- Know how to explain complicated topics to clients in a way that they can actually understand
- Be confident in your nutrition counseling skills and feel prepared as to how to structure nutrition counseling sessions
- Provide your nutrition counseling clients with education and counseling strategies that will truly make a difference in their life
- Skip creating handouts on your own! I save you the work and provide you beautiful handouts that you can give to your clients that help process information and reach goals
- Understand the process of behavior change so that you can confidently guide a client through their ups and downs
Hi, I'm Jennifer McGurk!
Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian and Clinical Supervisor to other dietitians.
I’m the CEO of Pursuing Private Practice and on a mission to help dietitians grow a business based on a non-diet approach to health and wellbeing.
I believe that we have the skills to help create change for our clients, but so much of the time we just don’t feel confident in our counseling ability. So many others sell diet culture, but we know diets don’t work long-term and that Intuitive Eating can heal someone’s relationship with food. This philosophy is truly life-changing and YOU ARE READY to do this important work with clients.
I originally created a course “Feel Fabulous About Food” to sell to clients back in 2018. As soon as it was released, many healthcare professionals contacted me and asked me if they could take it too. That’s when I got the idea to create a version for dietitians and professionals.
Help Your Clients Feel Fabulous About Food was created specifically for healthcare professionals to support their clients with the principles of Intuitive Eating, Health at Every Size®, eating disorder recovery, and body positivity.
I’ve translated all of my knowledge and expertise (and work with my clients!) into this course for YOU to help YOUR clients. And I’m so happy to have gotten support through this process from the dietitians at my group private practice, Eat With Knowledge. We are a team of dietitians ready to help you change the work you do as a dietitian!
THIS COURSE HAS FOUR MAIN SECTIONS THAT WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO HELP YOUR CLIENTS:
- Reconnect with their body and brain
- Notice hunger and satiety cues
- Own and observe their feelings
- Work on challenging their entire well-being
Considerations for Intuitive Eating and Eating Disorders in Private Practice
This training covers 6 important topics, ranging from working with parents and families to how to make a referral to a higher level of care.
The Role of the RD in Nutrition Counseling for Eating Disorders guide
This guide highlights the importance of having a Registered Dietitian on the team when working with a client that has an active eating disorder. As a dietitian, gain skills and insight into the powerful work that you do.
A Health at Every Size® training
This section includes a 60 minute lesson on What is Health At Every Size® and Understanding a Weight-Inclusive Approach, learning more about HAES® and how to use these principles with your clients, as well as common questions about Health at Every Size®.
All About Intuitive Eating
Audio lessons on each of the principles and how the Eat With Knowledge team uses the principles in our work with clients.
GET THE DETAILS
The Nutrition & Counseling Component:
Understand How the Body & Brain Work Together
- What is diet culture?
- Diet mentality vs. Positive well-being
- Arguments for weight-inclusive healthcare
- How intuitive eating helps clients
- What is normal eating?
- Digestion and the metabolism
- Causes of the binge eating cycle
- Flexible meal planning
- When to eliminate a food
- How to honor cravings
Notice Hunger & Fullness
- How do we teach clients how to listen to their bodies?
- The hunger/fullness scale and how to use it
- Mental and physical satisfaction
- Worth it vs. Not worth it choices
- Challenging foods and situations
Observe Feelings & Improve Body Image
- The relationship between feelings and food
- Emotional eating vs. binge eating
- Reasons for binge eating
- Mindful eating tools and resources
- All about body image
- Activities to improve body image
- How to teach self-care principles
Work on Challenges for Health & Well-Being
- Redefine health and well-being
- Where your clients are vs. where they want to be
- Emotional acceptance
- Challenge unhelpful thoughts
- Set clients up for success
- Learn about all areas of health and wellbeing
Bonus Lessons & Resources
- Eating disorder education
- How to challenge thoughts and behaviors
- Intuitive Eating Resources
- Research Recommendations
THIS COURSE COMES WITH BEAUTIFUL HANDOUTS TO USE WITH YOUR CLIENTS:
Why Join Now?
If you join before Wednesday, February 24th, you'll have access to a bonus workshop about “Treating Binge Eating Disorder”. This workshop will be presented by Jennifer Mcgurk, RDN, CDN, CEDRD-S, Alexis Conason, PsyD, CEDS, and Elyssa Toomey, RDN, RYT.
The workshop will be held live Wednesday, February 24th 2021 from 12:00-2:00pm. It will be recorded for anyone that cannot attend live!
2 CEU credits are pending for the Binge Eating Disorder Workshop
Knowing diets don't work isn't enough.
Everything you’ll learn in this course will lead you to have your ideal clients in your practice, feel confident in the ways in which you support them, and implement effective counseling skills to help them create lasting change. Their relationship with food is going to improve and YOU are going to be equipped to help them!
Most people need to learn how to change their habits to have a healthy relationship with food. Intuitive Eating is a process, and in this course you'll discover new ways to show your clients how they can eat and the steps they need to take to reach the goals they have - all as part of your practice.
All of this training comes from my professional experience in eating disorder recovery, body image, intuitive eating, and experience working with clients who have changed their lives by healing their relationship with food.